Internal Medicine Physician
Education and professional activities
- 1978-1984 – Kaunas Medical Academy. Physical medicine and rehabilitation, internal diseases
- 1984-1985 – VU Santariškės clinics, clinical medicine. Internal Medicine Internship Course. The doctor is an intern.
- 1985-1993 – Akmenė district. central hospital. Therapeutic work. Doctor – therapist, endocrinologist.
- 1994-1998 – Vilnius City Railwaymen’s Hospital. Therapeutic work. Doctor therapist, endocrinologist. Head of Resuscitation Department.
- 1995-2001 – UAB Pušyno kelias. Therapeutic work, rehabilitation. Deputy Director, then Director.
- 1998-2001 – Vilnius city ambulance hospital, reception – counseling department. Doctor therapist.
- 2001-2002 – Prison Department under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania, 3 correctional colonies. Organization of health care in penitentiary institutions. Civil service in a statutory organization. Chief of Health Service.
- Since 2002 until now – Public Institution Valakupiai Rehabilitation Center. Medical, social and vocational rehabilitation of people with severe mobility impairments. Doctor – therapist – rehabilitator, head of the rehabilitation sector.
- Since 2005 Provision of vocational rehabilitation services for the disabled, covering the entire vocational rehabilitation program (cycle) – 2005-2012. – Improvement of the provision of vocational rehabilitation services for persons with physical, visual (since 2008), hearing, mental, intellectual disabilities, complex disabilities and internal diseases (2011) and persons with different disabilities by developing and implementing methodologies for the provision of vocational rehabilitation services , adapted methods, training programs, providing methodological assistance to other vocational rehabilitation specialists and raising their professional qualification.
- Since 2007 the doctor conducts trainings for vocational rehabilitation specialists to improve the quality of the provision of vocational rehabilitation services and to apply and implement the developed and tested methodologies.
2005-2008 participation in the project: “Unified system of vocational rehabilitation services for persons with severe physical disabilities” according to the Lithuanian Single Programming Document (BDP) Priority II Human Resources Development 2004-2006 Measure 2.3 “Prevention of Social Exclusion and Social Integration”. Functions: vocational rehabilitation Member of the working group for the development, testing and implementation of service delivery methodologies for persons with severe physical disabilities (project No. 202-ESF / 2004 / 2.3.0.-01-13).
After the implementation of the project, for the first time in Lithuania, 5 methodologies for providing vocational rehabilitation services to persons with physical disabilities were developed, tested and implemented, covering the entire vocational rehabilitation program (cycle) – vocational skills assessment, guidance and counseling, vocational skills restoration or development, employment assistance – provided to persons with physical disabilities and the methodology for assessing and developing driving skills for persons with severe physical disabilities.
Member of the working group in the project “Unified system of vocational rehabilitation services for persons with severe physical disabilities, development”, SPD measure 2.3 “Prevention of social exclusion and social integration”.
Member of the working group in the project “Continuous development and improvement of the Unified Vocational Rehabilitation Service Provision System for Persons with Physical Disabilities” under the SPD Measure 2.3 “Prevention of Social Exclusion and Social Integration”. Responsibility: preparation of the methodological publication “Work Simulation” in 2008.
From 2010 Member of the working group for the development, testing and implementation of methodologies – developer of methodologies in the project “Development and testing and implementation of methodologies for the provision of vocational rehabilitation services for the disabled”. July 16 Service public purchase and sale agreement No. 6 (purchase No. 74877);
Following the implementation of the project, four methodologies for the provision of vocational rehabilitation services to persons with visual, hearing, intellectual and mental disabilities were developed, tested and implemented. The project was implemented by implementing the project “Development and implementation of methodologies for vocational rehabilitation services for the disabled, setting qualification requirements for vocational rehabilitation specialists, preparation and development of standards for the provision of vocational rehabilitation services for the disabled, development of service quality assessment system”. Priority 1 “Quality Employment and Social Inclusion” of the Operational Program for Human Resources Development VP1-1.2-SADM-02 Measure “Development and Implementation of the Vocational Rehabilitation System for the Disabled” (Public Procurement Agreement No. 6 of 16 July 2009) No. 74877).
2012 movement of the methodology of providing vocational rehabilitation services no Member of the Working Group on Renewal Activities of Valakupiai Rehabilitation Center Vocational Rehabilitation Methodological Center.
Since 2007 Conducting trainings for specialists working in the field of vocational rehabilitation and integration of the disabled: training on the application of developed and tested methodologies for the provision of vocational rehabilitation services to people with severe physical disabilities, implementing the project “Unified system of vocational rehabilitation services for people with severe physical disabilities” – training methodology for the provision of skills restoration and training services ”(2007-06-07); “Methodology for Assessing the Professional Ability of the Disabled” (2007-05-21);
2007-2012 conducting training seminars for specialists working in the field of vocational rehabilitation and integration of the disabled: “Provision of personal functional capacity assessment and rehabilitation services in vocational rehabilitation”,
From 2010 Lecturer at the Valakupiai Rehabilitation Center of the Vocational Rehabilitation Methodological Center, leading in-service training for the vocational rehabilitation and integration specialists of the disabled. Trainings conducted: “Factors ensuring the quality of vocational rehabilitation services: standardized methods, specialists, equipment and tools”; “The role of the FMR doctor in medical and vocational rehabilitation. Methods of functional capacity assessment and training ”; “Restoration of Personal Functional Capacity: Content and Methods of Services”; “Vocational Rehabilitation Program and Quality Assurance”; “Assessment and restoration of a person’s functional capacity: the role of the fmr physician”; “Factors ensuring the quality of vocational rehabilitation services: general principles and methods of assessment and restoration of a person’s functional capacity, functions of specialists”; Training of Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists in the Application and Implementation of Methodologies for Providing Vocational Rehabilitation Services to Persons with Visual, Hearing, Intellectual Disabilities, Persons with Mental Disabilities general and specific physical professional skills’.
Professional development, internships
- In Lithuania according to the valid standards for the license.
- 2005-2016: In Switzerland: Rehabilitation Center Bellikon, Valens
- 2005, Norway, Bodo Rehabilitation Center.
- In Italy: Verona reab. Center.
- In Germany: rehabilitation discipline improvement system / training course at the University of Zigen in 2007, internships in Belgium, participation in training courses in the USA, Spain, France.
Member of the Society of Rehabilitation Physicians
Work Simulation ”methodological publication 2008 Articles in the publications of the conference of rehabilitation specialists in 2005, 2007.
You can communicate with doctor in Lithuanian, Russian and English.