- 2009 – 2015 the doctor obtained higher education at Vilnius University, Faculty of Medicine. The doctor was awarded a master’s degree in medicine.
- 2015 06 – Internship at Vilnius University, Faculty of Medicine, qualification of a medical doctor.
- 2015-2020 – Residency at Vilnius University, Faculty of Medicine, study program Urology, residency of a doctor.
- From 2018 to the present – the doctor is a doctoral student at Vilnius University, the expected year of graduation is 2022. The doctoral doctoral topic is “New Generation Imaging Technologies and Genetic Tests for the Detection of Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer”.
- 2021 the doctor joined the team of specialists at the InnMed clinic.
- The doctor is the author of many reports, lectures and scientific articles, involved in biomedical research.
The main areas of work of a doctor:
- Renal, prostate and bladder oncological diseases, laparoscopic surgery in urology.
- The doctor performs all laparoscopic operations in the field of urology: laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic nephrectomy or nephroureterectomy, laparoscopic renal resection, laparoscopic pyeloplasty and other laparoscopic operations.
- The doctor specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer, kidney and bladder cancer. Uses the latest diagnostic methods for prostate cancer, such as adaptive prostate biopsy with MRI / UG imaging equipment.
- Advises patients with prostatic hyperplasia, urinary or erectile dysfunction, as well as patients with chronic inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract.
List of the most important scientific publications published in the last 5 years:
- Five-year survival of patients with renal cell carcinoma in the National Cancer Institute, Lithuania. A. Kulboka, Augustinas Matulevičius, Albertas Ulys, Z. Kardelis. May 2019 European Urology Supplements 18 (3): e2512; DOI: 10.1016 / S1569-9056 (19) 32205-5
- First experience of using a multi-parametric MRI / US fusion system for prostate biopsy to diagnose clinically significant prostate cancer at the National Cancer Institute of Lithuania. Augustinas Matulevičius, Albertas Ulys, A. Vėželis […], Feliksas Jankevicius. May 2019 European Urology Supplements 18 (3): e2445, DOI: 10.1016 / S1569-9056 (19) 32157-8
- Complications and their treatment after midurethral tape implantation using retropubic and transobturator approaches for treatment of female stress urinary incontinence Marija Barisiene, Ausra Cerniauskiene, Augustinas Matulevičius. May 2018, Videosurgery and Other Miniinvasive Techniques / Wideochirurgia i Inne Techniki Malo Inwazyjne 13 (4): 501-506, DOI: 10.5114 / wiitm.2018.75871
- Surgical benefits for patients with metastatic kidney cancer compared with target therapy and prognostic factors role to decide treatment tactic. Augustinas Matulevičius, Feliksas Jankevicius, Albertas Ulys, Ausvydas Patasius, May 2017 European Urology Supplements 16 (5): e2178-e2179, DOI: 10.1016 / S1569-9056 (17) 31334-9
Presentation and report of the article at international conferences:
- Diagnosis and treatment of local and advanced oligometastatic and metastatic prostate cancer Vilnius, Lithuania, 24/02/2020 CME Credits 25 (Prostate cancer diagnostic tools, ultrasound, histoscaning, and biopsy);
- Diagnosis and treatment of local and advanced oligometastatic and metastatic prostate cancer Vilnius, Lithuania, 13/05/2019 CME Credits 28 (Prostate cancer diagnostics. Biopsy procedure).
Applied, experimental and technological development works:
- Permission to perform biomedical research was obtained: 2019-11-05 Nr. 2019 / 11-1166-654 (Radiogenomic technologies for the detection of clinically significant prostate cancer).
- 2016 internship 51st Congress of the European Society for Surgical Research, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2019 internship at Radboud UMC, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Center, practical training, The Netherlands.
- 2019 internship 6th Baltic Meeting in conjunction with the EAU: Baltic 2019, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 2019 internship at APCCC (Advanced Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference), Basel, Switzerland.
Since 2016 The doctor is a member of the Lithuanian and European Society of Urologists.
You can communicate with the doctor in Lithuanian, Russian and English.